On Thursday 03 June 2010 12:54:07 pm John Casey wrote:
> Ah. The package name has changed, but the APIs are the same. So the
> imports for the interpolation stuff just need to be adjusted, once the
> plexus-interpolation dep is added.

Right.  But nothing in checkstyle plugin imports anything from interpolation.
Nothing to adjust there.     Thus, it's got to be something in one of the
other deps that are pulled in.   Maybe plexus-container-default or maven-
plugin-testing-harness or similar.  I've tried updating those, but still have
failures.     When I update  plexus-container-default  and add things like
maven-plugin-descriptor and such the error changes to:

org.codehaus.plexus.component.repository.exception.ComponentLookupException:
Component descriptor cannot be found in the component repository:
org.apache.maven.plugin.Mojoorg.apache.maven.plugins:maven-checkstyle-
plugin:2.6-SNAPSHOT:check.
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(DefaultPlexusContainer.java:323)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.DefaultPlexusContainer.lookup(DefaultPlexusContainer.java:440)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.PlexusTestCase.lookup(PlexusTestCase.java:222)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.testing.AbstractMojoTestCase.lookupMojo(AbstractMojoTestCase.java:182)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.testing.AbstractMojoTestCase.lookupMojo(AbstractMojoTestCase.java:127)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.checkstyle.CheckstyleViolationCheckMojoTest.testDefaultConfig(CheckstyleViolationCheckMojoTest.java:46)

Like I said, someone that is really familiar with all the changes that have
gone on in all the plexus stuff is really going to have to do this.   I'm just
making blind shots in the dark and not getting anywhere and I really don't
have the time to pursue this right now.

Dan

> On 6/3/10 12:50 PM, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> > On Thursday 03 June 2010 12:38:43 pm John Casey wrote:
> >> It needs a dependency added on plexus-interpolation, since the
> >> interpolation stuff was taken out of plexus-utils and migrated there.
> >
> > Didn't help.  The stuff in  plexus-interpolation has the ValueSource
> > stuff in a different package.   Thus, adding it isn't fixing the:
> >
> > java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
> > org.codehaus.plexus.util.interpolation.ValueSource
> >
> > There is probably a harness update or something else required to get it
> > to use the new package, but I've tried updating a bunch of things
> > without success.
> >
> > Dan

Daniel Kulp
dk...@apache.org