http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-failsafe-plugin/) is that the link
to API (http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-failsafe-plugin/api.html)
produces a "Page not found" ?

Please file a ticket and I'm sure Kristian will update this for the next
release.

Yes, he will ;)

I talked with Stephen about this some time ago, because I think we really need to get the documentation merged together again as one site. As you may know, failsafe is a fork that was merged back into surefire, but the documentation is still forked.

I'm really not that good with the site stuff, so anyone wishing to contribute will have my fullest attention wrt patches submitted ;) I think Stephen was talking about moving the site to the root of the project.

Kristian