CC'ing dev@: I hope the PMC doesn't mind.

We've been spending some time on-and-off talking about how we can open up development in the Maven core, and see if we can attract some fresh minds and ideas. I'd like to copy a list of some things we've been talking about, and open it up to anyone here on the dev list who has an opinion.

This list is not meant to be comprehensive, that's the point! I (and others) would like to start the conversation about what we need to do to get more of the community involved in developing the core of Maven.

If you're interested, please read on, and give us your thoughts!

---