FYI: Dennis has had similar problems at the last release:

http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/VOTE-Release-Maven-JXR-version-2-2-td216534.html

but I'd have guessed that this was fixed since then.

There is still something else wrong with the cobertura report: the main index page

http://maven.apache.org/staging/plugins/maven-jxr-plugin/

actually expands the cobertura navigation menu and there is no cobertura report generated (even though cobertura runs during site generation). Using current maven-parent-21-SNAPSHOT fixes this (maybe due to MCOBERTURA-145? you should know! :) )

I am still puzzled about the cycle, it seems like maven doesn't distinguish plugins of different versions?

HTH,
-Lukas

OK, I got it. Without plugin-plugin 2.8, the plugin-info doesn't appear.

I've restaged.