There's a lot of common stuff in the parent of the plugins:
announcements, changes, site config. Without mixins :-) we can't take
advantage of that. In short, I claim that the  maven-jxr-plugin has
more in common with the rest of the plugins than it has with jxr. It's
only connection to JXR is one dependency.

My opinion, of course.

On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 3:38 AM, Lukas Theussl <ltheu...@apache.org> wrote:

> I think it is common usus in maven land to keep plugins inside their
> respective projects (see eg maven-archetype-plugin, maven-enforcer-plugin,
> maven-scm-plugin, maven-surefire-plugin,...), the main advantage being that
> they are released together and kept in sync and up-to date with the main
> code. I would prefer to leave it that way for jxr.
>
> -Lukas
>

> On 07/17/2011 12:04 AM, Benson Margulies wrote:
>>
>> For the next release, how would you feel about moving the plugin in
>> with the other plugins, and eliminating the extra level of parent?
>>
>> On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 4:09 PM, Hervé BOUTEMY<herve.bout...@free.fr>
>>  wrote:
>>>
>>> for the old aggregation parameter, it's easy
>>> for the goals documentation, yes, I don't understand how it can