-0

I don't like it, but I'm not the one doing the work. I'd accept it if there's
no better way to get the problems fixed for whoever is working to fix them. I
don't think it's good to get stuck on an old version no one is maintaining. I'm
happy to discuss ideas for alternatives.

However, I would strongly prefer it to remain dual licensed:
- it gives us more options if we need to incorporate source code changes that
aren't accepted upstream, particularly if goals change over time
- consumers know what they are getting from Maven - it can all be used under
the terms of the AL 2.0.
- it had the terms of the AL 2.0 when we agreed to incorporate it

I continue to hope that will be reconsidered.

FWIW, I don't have any argument with regard to the EPL as a license, I just
believe AL 2.0 is appropriate here given its history, the early state of
community development, and with Maven as its primary consumer.

- Brett

On 28/07/2011, at 4:45 AM, Benson Margulies wrote:

> As per the approved policy, this message opens a vote to allow Maven
> releases to depend on EPL (and thus Category B) versions of Aether.
> The vote will be open for 72 hours and the results determined
> according to the policy. Discussion on this question took place on a
> thread labelled '[DISCUSS] incorporate EPL Aether'.

Brett Porter
br...@apache.org
http://brettporter.wordpress.com/
http://au.linkedin.com/in/brettporter