The issue to remove profiles.xml was MNG-4060[1] but it doesn't tell the
reason.One of the comments contains a link to a thread I started when I
discovered this removal.(man, that's already more than two years ago...)It
should give some more background. -Robert
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-4060> Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2011 15:27:34 -0500