Hey man, stop preparing pizza without inviting me!!! :D

>> hooking at the "post-site" phase solves the issue of having the html
files rebuilt AFTER the indexing

Calling mvn site-deploy rebuilds the site and modifications made by the
indexer plugin get lost - the search box doesn't appear into the deployed
site. Hooking the indexer into the "post-site" phase should solve this

>> I meant placing the search bar just configuring parameters in the
site.xml in the <custom/> section, see the fluido-skin  to see how we did
it, if interested.

Uhm this is the first thing I tried (on the DM site) but couldn't get
anything to appear into the header or head section (only the footer works).
I suppose this is related to the work-in-progress version of the fluido
skin. It is, of course, the way to go and solves the issue at the previous
point as well.

Ciao,