Note that it wasn't really called until r1179571, so I think maybe the
http-shared module should go back to not supporting it. I suppose that was
added for Aether, which in turn is no longer needed :)

While looking at that I noticed this code is probably being called for anything
using the new putFromStream:

                FileOutputStream fos = null;

                try

                {

                    this.source = File.createTempFile( "http-wagon.", ".tmp" );

                    this.source.deleteOnExit();

                    fos = new FileOutputStream( this.source );

                    IOUtil.copy( stream, fos );

John authored this code a long time ago:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=786701. I get the feeling
with your recent changes this hack might no longer be necessary.

Finally, why do we still have both http-shared and http-shared4?

- Brett

On 30/11/2011, at 12:59 AM, Olivier Lamy wrote:

> 2011/11/29 Benjamin Bentmann <benjamin.bentm...@udo.edu>:
>> Tamás Cservenák wrote:
>>
>>> Out of curiosity, why is chunked transfer encoding used to transfer
>>> the few byte long SHA1 string?
>>

>> https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/AETHER-128
>>

>>> many servers does not support it
>>> completely...
>>

>> Which suggests to deprecate the problematic method in the StreamingWagon
>> API.
> Agree I will .
>>

>> Benjamin

> --