This error:

Jan 19, 2012 6:02:51 PM hudson.remoting.Channel$ReaderThread run
SEVERE: I/O error in channel channel
java.io.StreamCorruptedException
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1332)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:348)
        at hudson.remoting.Channel$ReaderThread.run(Channel.java:1109)
Process 1326996171268 is killed.
channel stopped
ERROR: Maven JVM terminated unexpectedly with exit code 0

Appears on surefire in jenkins quite often. I have no idea what is
causing it but I'm quite sure it's not related to the actual surefire
build,

seems more like a IO-related error on the machine in question, or some
jenkins bug. It seems to happen in spurious places in the build, this
time it happened in the jar plugin.

I restarted the build and I'm quite sure it'll go away, or maybe
someone has to boot something ;)

I run my own surefire CI on Bamboo on linux 32 bit and 64 bit and it
never happens there.

Kristian