On 4 April 2012 17:18, Asaf Mesika <asaf.mes...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why do you need a specific login for git?
> In our company each developer exchanges keys with the main server
> hosting our git repositories and then the repository URL simply
> contains the user which we exchanged keys with. For example:
> ssh://git...@gitrepo.acme.local/gitall/reponame
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On 4 באפר 2012, at 17:16, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>

>> 2012/4/4 John Patrick <nhoj.patr...@gmail.com>:
>>> Want to help specifically with Git and Perforce as I'm using them both
>>> daily with Maven projects.
>>>
>>> Looking at the "Overview of SCM's" page against the "Maven SCM
>>> Providers Matrix" page, it seams to have mixed messages and feels out
>>> of date.
>> Agree. We probably need some help/contributions here :-).
>> I can review your patches and apply it !
>>>
>>> Perforce is listed under "Fully implemented SCM's". But apparently
>>> doesn't have the following features.
>>> - Branch - Not Implemented
>>> - Export - Not Implemented
>>> - List - Not Implemented
>>> - Login - Not In SCM *I disagree with this as I have to log into
>>> Perforce each day.
>>> - Pure Java - Not Implemented
>>>
>>> Git is listed under "Partially implemented SCM's". But apparently
>>> doesn't have the following features.
>>> - Edit - Not in SCM
>>> - Export - Not in SCM
>>> - Login - Not In SCM
>>> - Unedit - Not In SCM
>>> - Pure Java - Not Implemented
>>>

>>> Would I be duplicating anyone else's work, if I start looking at
>>> implementing:
>>>
>>> 1) Perforce Pure Java client
>> We usually have an other provider for that see (see
>> http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/maven-scm-provider-svnjava/)
>>>
>>> 2) Perforce Login
>>>
>>> 3) Git Pure Java client
>> same as perforce (I think there already exists but I don't remember
>> which fork of github is up2date :-) ). see
>> https://github.com/struberg/maven-scm-providers-git module called
>> maven-scm-provider-jgit )
>>>
>>> 4) Maven SCM Providers Matrix, add column for site. i.e. Project
>>> Information->Source Repository. As last time I checked for git it
>>> doesn't output helpful details.
>>>

>>> John

>> --
>> Olivier Lamy
>> Talend: http://coders.talend.com

Asaf,

I believe you've miss read my email.

My only comment regarding Git Login was clarification of what was "Not
In SCM" and "Not Implemented" for Git and Perforce. I listed the
current Matrix lists Git Login as "Not in SCM". I totally agree with
your comments regarding git and login.

The only "Not In SCM" that I listed and disagree with, is, Perforce
Login. As Perforce is a classic Client/Server Source Control System
and you do have Login and Logout features.

John