Hi,

I am currently working on some Issues in the flexmojos projects build.
One is sort of  me. I assume there have been some changes in Maven that now
prevent the plugin configuration from working the same way it did with earlier
maven versions.

I have a Plugin flexmojos-maven-plugin and the Mojo implementation has a field:
    /**
     * The list of modules to be compiled.
     *
     * <pre>
     * &lt;modules&gt;
     *   &lt;module&gt;Module1.mxml&lt;/module&gt;
     *   &lt;module&gt;Module2.mxml&lt;/module&gt;
     *   &lt;module&gt;
     *     &lt;sourceFile&gt;Module3.mxml&lt;/sourceFile&gt;
     *     &lt;optimize&gt;false&lt;/optimize&gt;
     *     &lt;finalName&gt;MyModule&lt;/finalName&gt;
     *     &lt;destinationPath&gt;dir1/dir2&lt;/destinationPath&gt;
     *   &lt;/module&gt;
     * &lt;/modules&gt;
     * </pre>
     *
     * @parameter
     */
    private Module[] modules;

As you can see there were two options to configure these Module Object. The
simple one with just a String and a complex one initializing the individual
properties.
No it seems that there must have been an option for the shorthand
configuration, because the Module class contains a set-Method without a name:

    public void set( String sourceFile )
    {
        this.sourceFile = sourceFile;
    }

Now all I am getting is the following error if I use the short version:

Caused by:
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.ComponentConfigurationException:
Cannot assign configuration entry 'module' to 'class
net.flexmojos.oss.plugin.compiler.attributes.Module' from
'module1/AnModule.mxml', which is of type class java.lang.String
                at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.converters.AbstractConfigurationConverter.fromExpression(AbstractConfigurationConverter.java:165)
                at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.converters.composite.ObjectWithFieldsConverter.fromConfiguration(ObjectWithFieldsConverter.java:73)
                at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.converters.composite.ArrayConverter.fromConfiguration(ArrayConverter.java:131)
                at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.converters.ComponentValueSetter.configure(ComponentValueSetter.java:260)
                at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.converters.composite.ObjectWithFieldsConverter.processConfiguration(ObjectWithFieldsConverter.java:137)
                at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.BasicComponentConfigurator.configureComponent(BasicComponentConfigurator.java:56)
                at
org.apache.maven.plugin.internal.DefaultMavenPluginManager.populatePluginFields(DefaultMavenPluginManager.java:563)
                ... 22 more

How do I support the two config options now? I guess there must have been such
an option, but I conldn't find any reference to such a thing using Goolge for
quite some time. I know the Testsuite of Flexmojos used to run through and that
pom configuration hasn't changed for quite some time.

Chris

[ C h r i s t o f e r  D u t z ]

C-Ware IT-Service
Inhaber