> I already started tweaking the m-compiler-plugin and found quite scary
> issues. There is e.g. MCOMPILER-21 (open since 2005) which prevents
> incremental build and would kick in in your scenario.

This is interesting. I've looked a bit at Mojo's JAXB plugin in the
context of detecting stale generated files (i.e. need to re-generate)
and it's similar to this. It would extremely nice if there would be a
common "framework" for handling incremental builds.
In addition to what's been mentioned in the jira (I just browsed it
quickly), we have cases when includes/excludes change, the sourceDir
changes, etc which should trigger cleanup and re-compilation.

/Anders