I definitely use external:*

I didn't even notice the book doesn't.

On Aug 27, 2012, at 9:11 PM, Brian Fox wrote:

> There are lots of tests that are trying to use file based repositories
> for certain conditions. This is why in 2.0.9 I had added the
> external:* :
>
> external:* matches all repositories except those using localhost or
> file based repositories. This is used in conjunction with a repository
> manager when you want to exclude redirecting repositories that are
> defined for Integration Testing.
>
> Maybe we should update the default setting.xml in the book, but it's
> pretty rare that people are using file repos for their ITs (read:
> pretty much only maven ;-)  )
>
> On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 2:44 PM, Kristian Rosenvold
> <kristian.rosenv...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> When I try to run the maven core IT's with a mirrorOf setting in my
>> settings.xml (copy-paste from
>> http://www.sonatype.com/books/nexus-book/reference/maven-sect-single-group.html)
>> I get all sorts of
>> weird & wonderful artifact resolution failures for snapshots inside
>> the forked test processes; this happens regardless of which maven 3.x
>> version I try to test.
>>
>> Removing the the setup from settings.xml clearly fixes the problem.
>> Can someone explain what is going on, is this a jira issue or WTF ?
>>
>> Kristian

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder & CTO, Sonatype
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

First, the taking in of scattered particulars under one Idea,
so that everyone understands what is being talked about ... Second,
the separation of the Idea into parts, by dividing it at the joints,
as nature directs, not breaking any limb in half as a bad carver might.

  -- Plato, Phaedrus (Notes on the Synthesis of Form by C. Alexander)