Op Tue, 04 Sep 2012 21:59:28 +0200 schreef Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>:

Hi all

I'd like to try to get the Jenkins jobs maven-plugins-ITs-m2 and
maven-plugins-ITs-m3 back on track a gain, but I'm not sure how to.
Perhaps we can crack it together. Here's a summary of the current problems:

maven-plugins-ITs-m2

We only have one plugin failing here, Maven Repository Plugin. There are
2 ITs that fail:
- BundleCreateIT
- BundlePackIT

Both of the claim [1] [2] that the currently building version of the
plugin itself (maven-repository-plugin) is not available in any repository.

I cannot reproduce this locally on either Widows 7 or Ubuntu. Also I
cannot reproduce it in a local Jenkins instance running on Windows 7. Is
there some weird setup in the ASF Jenkins instance that is causing these
errors?

maven-plugins-ITs-m3

There are 4 failing plugins here, Maven Compiler Plugin, Maven Javadoc
Plugin, Maven Repository Plugin and Maven Remote Resources Plugin.

Maven Repository Plugin has the same problem [3] [4] as the m2 build.

Maven Compiler Plugin fails because it cannot use a Java 6 feature when
built using Java 5. This is in an IT [5] for MCOMPILER-120. This builds
fine for me locally on Windows 7. Can anyone confirm on other platforms?
Is it not possible to exclude this IT if the build is running on Java 5
or earlier?

The Plexus JavacCompiler confirms this, as this is the code responsible for constructing the arguments.
I've adjusted the invoker.properties to run with java 1.6+
And I've added a verify script to confirm that the build fails for the right reason.

Maven Javadoc Plugin fails [6] in one of the tests:
testIsValidPackageList(org.apache.maven.plugin.javadoc.JavadocUtilTest):
Connection reset
I haven't examined this in detail.

The problems in Maven Remote Resources Plugin looks similar to those in
Maven Repository Plugin. With this plugin pretty much all of the ITs
fail [7].

Any help on these would be much appreciated.

[1]
https://builds.apache.org/job/maven-plugins-ITs-m2/ws/maven-repository-plugin/target/surefire-reports/org.apache.maven.plugins.repository.it.BundleCreateIT.txt
[2]
https://builds.apache.org/job/maven-plugins-ITs-m2/ws/maven-repository-plugin/target/surefire-reports/org.apache.maven.plugins.repository.it.BundlePackIT.txt