+1, I've got problems with caching in netbeans integration. Managed to
lower the long term memory usage significantly by resetting the
ProjectBuildingRequest on the MavenProject instance. That one was
holding quite a few Model instances, I''ve looked at the other caches
but I was not entirely clear what the purpose is and scope.

For me there's 2 usecases fro the caching.
1. How to get rid of it when not required anymore
2. how to share safely across multiple invokations on different projects.

Milos