On 2012-11-20 01:14, Benson Margulies wrote:
> Ever since JIRA 4.2, they have had a REST API.
>
> So I think that we need to make m-c-p learn to use it.
>
> Anyone else game to pitch in? Anyone mind the thought of the CXF REST
> client library as a (not very small) dependency?

I'm interested. Haven't coded REST yet, but I'm most interested in learning.

We probably need to rethink the configuration a bit, now that we will
have 3 different ways to communicate with JIRA. This would be a good
time to make this truly IMS-agnostic, perhaps even a 3.0 version.

We need to have a generic interface for downloading issues from
different Issue Management Systems. Perhaps we can add it to the
IssueManagementSystem interface? It might be as simple as this:

public List<Issue> getIssueList();

Then each way of fetching issues would have its own implementation, like
jira-rest, jira-jql, jira-url, trac-rpc and so on. It would be good if a
suitable default implementation is selected based on the
issueManagement/system configuration in the POM. There must also be a
way for the user to force another implementation.

Thoughts?

--
Dennis Lundberg