The re-use of tags is a side-issue to this thread, though I'm glad to
see some support for using immutable tags, whatever route is chosen
Please start a new thread to continue that discussion.

The vote e-mail must have the revision and tag name/trunk URL in it
else it is not complete.

Just as Maven insists on GAV - where V=version - a unique SVN
coordinate requires the revision and the tree segment selector (e.g.
tag).
I don't know what Git needs - I suppose it may depend on whether
multiple components are part of the same Git instance.

But whatever - as it stands, the current vote e-mail is
**incomplete**; it does not provide sufficient information for the
candidate to be properly evaluated.
The information needs to be present both for current and historical use.