On 30 June 2013 21:56, Fred Cooke <fred.co...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> OK, so what is the Git command to download a copy of the sources that
>>
> are part of the hash?
>>

> git checkout <hash>

Does not work for me.

I get the following error message:

fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

This suggests that Git does not know where to download the hash from.

> Then observe the tree. You can also export an archive, though I don't
> recall the exact command off the top of my hand.
>

>> Don't I need to know something about the Git repo it comes from?
>>

> Yes, the URL which would be pre-agreed. Providing it would be a nice
> convenience, but nothing more.

Again I disagree; the reviewer should have the specific information
they need without having to look elsewhere.
And likewise it should be in the e-mail thread for historical purposes.