Hi all - I'm using maven-assembly-plugin to create zip distributions of
our web application. It takes in the Apache Tomcat zip artifact, and the
war artifact for the app, and creates an assembly.

There are a couple of file operations I haven't figured out how to do yet.
For example, Tomcat unzips to a folder called "apache-tomcat-7.0.42",
which I want to rename to just "tomcat". I figured id use the exec plugin
to fork a "rm" command, which I guess will work in theory but seems
shoddy.

Does anyone support having some "swiss army knife" file manipulation
capabilities (at least rename & move) in the assembly plugin?

Best regards,

Richard