On Sep 23, 2013, at 3:54 AM, Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> In order to accept patches into any Apache Foundation project there must be
> EITHER a signed ICLA on file from the person submitting the change OR a
> clear indication of intent to contribute the code to the Apache Foundation.
>
> For small or quick changes signing a ICLA is overkill and too large a
> barrier.
>
> The question then is, how do you indicate the intent to contribute the code
> to the Apache Foundation?
>
> 1. You could clearly state on the pull request that the changes are your
> own work and you are licensing them under the Apache License version 2.0 to
> the Apache Foundation.
> 2. You could create or update an existing issue in the project's issue
> tracker indicating that the patch is available as a pull request that you
> have authored and are licensing to the Apache Foundation under the Apache
> License version 2.0.
>
> The latter (i.e. just create or update an issue in the issue tracker and
> give a link to the pull request) is usually the easiest way to go.

This has been discussed on a couple lists already.   The consensus on the other
projects I've been involved in is issuing a pull request from github is a clear
enough intent to contribute.  (as long as the pull request is properly
forwarded to the right dev list which I think the mailer is setup OK for that
now.)   Several projects are grabbing fixes via pull requests.

Dan

> On 23 September 2013 06:24, ryenus <rye...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Would anyone be taking care of the pull requests on github:
>>
>> https://github.com/apache/maven-plugins/pulls
>>
>> I just made 2 but saw there're pull requests open for years.
>>
>> Thanks

Daniel Kulp
dk...@apache.org - http://dankulp.com/blog