Looking for common ground here, how about we start by documenting the core
release procedure so that someone else could plausibly take a turn? Without
knowing the details of the release process, I don't see how I could disagree
with JvZ.

It mostly seems to me that Stephen's desired schedule could best arrive
organically; it we make fixes in the core that people care about, and if we
make the procedure easy, we can make more releases. If that verges on every N
weeks, OK, we make a schedule.