For our frameworks, we don't tend to do much automated testing of the Mesos
interface--instead, we construct the framework state, then "send it a
message", since our callbacks take the state of the framework + the event
as the argument. This way, we don't need to have mesos running, and we can
trim away large amounts of code necessary to connect to mesos but
unnecessary for the actual feature under test. We've also been
experimenting with simulation testing by mocking out the mesos APIs. These
techniques are mostly effective when you can pretend that the executors
you're using don't communicate much, or when they're trivial to mock.