I think is important mention the implications. The change doesn’t only imply to
change the include headers, but every function, struct and class used from the
c++ style headers will need to be prefixed with the std which in turn will
messed with the git blame.

Not to mention that, while most of the std libraries implementations offer the
functions and structures for the c++ style headers on both, the std and the
global namespace. This is not required by the standard and can change in any
moment causing sudden compilation breaks.

In my personal opinion, this is nothing but a cosmetic change which has the
potential of becoming a red-herring. As such, I vote for option 1.