a) +1 to new cpplint rule for single space after "//"
b) I'd vote for single-space before the comment too. I haven't seen
anybody do double-spaces in Mesos. The only exception to the
single-space rule would be places where we try to align trailing
comments. Not sure if we want to continue to allow that.