Officially, Apache prefers to distribute source instead of binaries, which
is why Mesosphere volunteered to build and distribute rpm/deb packages as
well as docker images. Apache Mesos could own the Docker files for Mesos
though.
That said, if you have problems with the Mesosphere (or mesoscloud) docker
images for Mesos/Marathon, file an issue with the source repo, and we'd be
happy to address your issues.
https://github.com/mesosphere/docker-containers/issues