Hi all,

I am currently working on PowerPC porting which need to upgrade some
3rdparty libraries.

I have some thoughts about upgrading 3rdparty libraries:

*1. Use git submodules instead of putting a big tar.gz package to Mesos
repo.*

    This will reduce the Mesos repo size in future upgrade and make the
future upgrade more simple.

*2. Add a .gitattributes to mark the 3rdparty library patch files as
binary.*

    Since the patch files are generated from 3rdparty libraries and we
can't control the 3rdparty libraries to follow the Google C++ style guide,
so some of the patch files have the tab characters and cause the command
`git apply --index review_id.patch` failed.

    So add a .gitattributes to mark these patches as binary files will
avoid this error.

*3. 3rdparty/libprocess/3rdparty/stout/tests/protobuf_tests.pb.cc/h
<http://protobuf_tests.pb.cc/h> files.*

    Can anyone tell me why hardcode these two files in Mesos repo? I think
these two files can be dynamically generated during make check, this will
make it not depend on protoc version.

It will be great if you have any other comments, thanks.