As part of this, I'm going to:

1) Update configure.ac and CMakeLists to point to 1.0.0 version. Note that
if someone is building off master, this might be a little weird because up
until this change their builds would've 0.29.0 version and after this
change it would be 1.0.0. But I guess it's unavoidable.

2) Transition the issues with Fix Version "0.29.0" to "1.0.0". I will make
sure to turn off JIRA notification emails for this change to avoid spamming
issues@.

Thanks,