Everyone appears asleep on IRC so for a non real time response:

If I were looking to replicate the docker calls but for LXC, I'd be
updating stuff in the containerizer package right? Not the top level appc
and docker packages.
https://github.com/apache/mesos/blob/master/src/slave/containerizer/

Thanks

Tom