I do think it would be valuable to have a more well defined contract
between frameworks and custom executors.

As Zameer pointed out a specific framework and accompanying custom executor
can decide to do that in the data bytes; however, if we started building
out a few different flavors of executors then it would be great for there
to be standard way to pass command information to them.

The current model works well in a 1-1 mapping between framework and
executor binaries. In a world where that is 1-N it means all N executors
have to use the same method of passing the command.

—
*Joris Van Remoortere*
Mesosphere