Joris,

I am particular looking for structure. We have mechanism to add static tags
easily to log collected into ELK.

If there is a way to dynamically inject tags like "framework_id" at actual
logging call, it might be a starting point for me.

I cannot find a good reference on how to add tagging for glog though. Do
you have any reference?

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 11:15 AM, Joris Van Remoortere <jo...@mesosphere.io>
wrote:

> @Zhitao are you looking specifically for structure or just for tagging?
> glog does already have support for custom tags in the header. I don't know
> if this is enough for your use case though.
>
> —
> *Joris Van Remoortere*
> Mesosphere
>
> On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 9:58 AM, James Peach <jor...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > > On Dec 19, 2016, at 9:43 AM, Zhitao Li <zhitaoli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm looking at how to better utilize ElasticSearch to perform log
> > analysis for logs from Mesos. It seems like ElasticSearch would generally
> > work better for structured logging, but Mesos still uses glog thus all
> logs
> > produced are old-school unstructured lines.
> > >
> > > I wonder whether anyone has brought the conversation of making Mesos
> > logs easier to process, or if anyone has experience to share.
> >
> > Are you trying to stitch together sequences of events? I that case, would
> > direct event logging be more useful?

Cheers,

Zhitao Li