Folks,

I'd like to enhance Mesos to support a first-class notion of "fault
domains" -- i.e., identifying the "rack" and "region" (DC) where a
Mesos agent or master is located. The goal is to enable two main
features:

(1) To make it easier to write "rack-aware" Mesos frameworks that are
portable to different Mesos clusters.

(2) To improve the experience of configuring Mesos with a set of
masters and agents in one DC, and another pool of "remote" agents in a
different DC.

For more information, please see the design doc:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gEugdkLRbBsqsiFv3urRPRNrHwUC-i1HwfFfHR_MvC8

I'd love any feedback, either directly on the Google doc or via email.

Thanks,
Neil