Do you have some examples?

Thinking through my own experience debugging tests, I tend to only get
value out of EXPECT messages when they are providing information that I
can't get access to from the line number / actual vs expected printing.
(e.g. the value of a variable). If the EXPECT message is simply explaining
what the test is doing, then I tend to ignore it and read the test instead,
so it would be helpful to discuss some examples to get a better sense. :)