This is a good question on where to do the audit, should it happen in the
authorization module itself, or in the caller. It doesn’t help that you can
authorize using approvers or the authorizer or the not so long ago introuced
acceptors. There are also function wrappers that help to do so.

The feeling we have had in the past is that the authorizer interface was
created to accomodate the needs of the people writing authorization modules but
no so much its use inside our code base. That’s why I’ve been working in a set
of patches to try to clean up a little bit the code that calls authorization
based on ideas from BenH https://reviews.apache.org/r/65311/
<https://reviews.apache.org/r/65311/> .

Reviews/comments always welcomed

Alexander Rojas