> Crashing the agent is definitely not a viable option IMO.
>
> Why can't we use agent capabilities instead of agent version and reject
> such operations at master? This is one of the main reasons we introduced
> the concept of framework, master, agent capabilities.

One thing worth mentioning is that this crash would only manifest when:
1) The operator has set the experimental RESOURCE_PROVIDER capability on
the 1.5 agents in the cluster, and
2) Frameworks/operators begin using the new GROW_VOLUME/SHRINK_VOLUME
operations before upgrade is complete, while some agents are still on 1.5

We can definitely use a capability to address this scenario. For some
reason I find myself hesitant to add capabilities for small features or
edge cases like this, but perhaps there's no reason for such hesitation?

Cheers,
Greg