Just one more comment on the reasoning here:
We (i.e., the PC) want MesosCon to be a user-driven conference and hence
have the conference at a location where we can gather most users.
We understand it might be more difficult to travel to the Bay Area from
Europe, but are already considering EU timezone friendly working groups
meetings which could be joined remotely. Stay tuned here.
We understand this is a beyond last minute change, but we are considering
as a result of community (i.e., everyone here) feedback.

Please also consider this is the first time we are organizing MesosCon as
community ourselves (the previous years it was organized by Linux
Foundation) and so far I must say kudos to everyone involved. It is great
to see everyone working on making it a great Mesos (+Marathon, + Paasta, +
...) community conference!

Also feel free to reach out personally if you have questions!