Hi Benjamin:

Thanks for the great feedback.

I like the idea of giving frameworks more meaningful and fined grained
control over which filters to remove, especially this is likely to help
adoption. For example, letting the framework send an optional agentID which
instructs Mesos to only clear filters on that agent might help a task
launch with agent constraint.

However, when it comes to framework sent desired resource profiles, we
should give more thoughts. There is always the question that to what degree
do we support the various meta-data in the resource schema. I feel the
current schema is too complex for expressing resource needs, let alone
respecting it in the allocator (even just for the purpose of removing
filters). We probably want to first introduce a more concise format (such
as resourceQuantity) for all purposes of specifying desired resource
profiles (clear filters, quota guarantee, min_allocatable_resources and
etc) and start from there.

I suggest to just add the optional agentID atm and we can always add
support for specifying resource requirements in the future. And since its
semantic is far away from "requesting resources", I suggest keeping the
name of CLEAR(or REMOVE)_FILTERS.

What do you think?

-Meng