There are two options for contributing:
1) You can make a pull request against the GitHub mirror:
https://github.com/apache/mesos .  We generally only use PRs for minor
changes, like typos, documentation, or uploading binaries.  See
http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/beginner-contribution/
2) For larger changes, or more involved/impactful changes, we prefer
https://reviews.apache.org/ instead.  See
http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/advanced-contribution/

I suspect this ZK Auth feature will be a fairly significant change, so I
recommend option (2).