GitHub user kaspersorensen opened a pull request:
https://github.com/apache/metamodel/pull/74
Added new aggregate functions FIRST, LAST, RANDOM
Just sharing this little idea that I had while travelling the other day ...
Adding some more aggregate functions to MetaModel.
* FIRST which picks the first value
* LAST which picks the last value
* RANDOM which picks a random value
I'll admit that limited testing has been done, so maybe share any concerns
here. I can add some tests soon but too busy today. I also am not sure if the
JDBC module will be able to support aggregate functions that are not
represented in SQL - I guess not. That might be a blocker actually, so we
should maybe have some trick to do in JDBC module like we have for scalar
functions.
You can merge this pull request into a Git repository by running:
$ git pull https://github.com/kaspersorensen/metamodel
feature/new-aggregation-functions
Alternatively you can review and apply these changes as the patch at:
https://github.com/apache/metamodel/pull/74.patch
To close this pull request, make a commit to your master/trunk branch
with (at least) the following in the commit message:
This closes #74
----
commit d7214506eb6ef994c1122241ecb00fd1c4bfef89
Author: Kasper Sørensen <[email protected]>
Date: 2015-12-04T08:49:46Z
Added new aggregate functions FIRST, LAST, RANDOM
----
---
If your project is set up for it, you can reply to this email and have your
reply appear on GitHub as well. If your project does not have this feature
enabled and wishes so, or if the feature is enabled but not working, please
contact infrastructure at [email protected] or file a JIRA ticket
with INFRA.
---