From: Kasper Sørensen <i.am.kasper.soren...@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2016 6:21:54 PM
To: dev@metamodel.apache.org
Subject: Linking to/Using Confluence wiki instead of MoinMoin

Hi all,

I've spent a fair amount of time the last couple of days, moving content
over to confluence [1] instead of the old MoinMoin wiki [2].

There is still a bit of content to go which has not been ported, but more
important, there's a bunch of new and much better information available on
Confluence now. Here are some of the pages that are significantly more
meaty on the new site:

 - Query object, the QueryBuilder API and Query parsing [3]
 - CSV file support [4]
 - Relational/JDBC database support [5]
 - Schema model [6]

Pages that I know of that have still not been mirrored from MoinMoin:

 - examples/PojoDataContext
 - examples/CompositeDataContext
 - examples/SimpleQueriesToGetStarted (this should probably be incorporated
into [3])
 - examples/TraverseSchemaModel (I don't know how much we want to keep
advertising this feature)
 - examples/DataTypeConversion (this should probably be incorporated into
[6])
 - MigratingFromEobjectsMetaModel (this seems very VERY legacy - I wonder
if anyone bothers anymore)
 - MetaModelExtras
 - BlogsAndPresentations (needs a caring hand)

That's not an overwhelming list and I personally feel like just doing one
of these every day or so, so that Confluence is soon a super-set of the old
wiki. But already without it I feel the content on Confluence is so much
better.

Given this new content I feel eager to slab a big "OBSOLETE - go to the new
wiki here" label on the MoinMoin site and to start redirecting users that
come in via our main website and github MarkDown pages, JavaDoc links etc.

Before I start doing that I wanted to check if everybody is OK with that?
Please raise any concerns.

Best regards,
Kasper

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/METAMODEL