Hi Nick,

I am happy to continue the development using the current architecture and
embed the pre-parsing steps in the parser code. However, this would be
against the policy to have a contribution to Metron community to expand the
range of supported devices. Clearly, a generic parser would be useful for
the community not a type of parser that is highly customised for our noisy
environment. I was looking for decoupling Parsing and Normalisation to
implement a generic parser which can be used by others as well.

I think this is more a type of strategic decision which can increase the
number of generic parsers that will be contributed back to the community in
future. Ideally, it would be better that official Metron developers focus
on Metron features instead of developing generic parsers.

Thanks,
Ali

--
A.Nazemian