I think we should have documented in the template and guidelines something
to the extent ( appropriate for the document ) of :

“Metron provides a platform_info.sh script in metron-deployment/scripts
that outputs information that may be important to troubleshooting build and
deployment issues.  It is important if any development introduces new
technology to the stack that effects the build and deployment by it’s
presence or version, that the platform_info.sh be updated to reflect that
information.”

pr:
[ ] platform_info.sh updated for new dependencies