Maybe you could re-purpose the playbook.yml for the 10-node install -
comment out some of the host creation lines and move the host types where
you want them installed, e.g.

>From this

  tasks:
    - include: tasks/create-keypair.yml
    - include: tasks/create-vpc.yml
    - include: tasks/create-open-inbound-security-group.yml
    - include: tasks/create-open-outbound-security-group.yml
    - include: tasks/create-hosts.yml host_count=1
host_type=sensors,ambari_master,ec2,monit
    - include: tasks/create-hosts.yml host_count=4
host_type=ambari_slave,ec2
    - include: tasks/create-hosts.yml host_count=1
host_type=pcap_server,monit,ec2
    - include: tasks/create-hosts.yml host_count=1
host_type=ambari_slave,enrichment,metron,ec2,zeppelin
    - include: tasks/create-hosts.yml host_count=2
host_type=ambari_slave,search,ec2
    - include: tasks/create-hosts.yml host_count=1
host_type=ambari_slave,web,ec2

to this (6-node)

  tasks:
    - include: tasks/create-keypair.yml
    - include: tasks/create-vpc.yml
    - include: tasks/create-open-inbound-security-group.yml
    - include: tasks/create-open-outbound-security-group.yml
    - include: tasks/create-hosts.yml host_count=1
host_type=sensors,ambari_master,ec2,monit,zeppelin,search,web
    - include: tasks/create-hosts.yml host_count=3
host_type=ambari_slave,ec2
    - include: tasks/create-hosts.yml host_count=1 host_type= ambari_slave
,pcap_server,monit,ec2
    - include: tasks/create-hosts.yml host_count=1
host_type=ambari_slave,enrichment,metron,ec2,zeppelin

Of course, this is just to demonstrate re-locating items, not necessarily
how you would want to lay them out.

Best,
Mike Miklavcic