I really like this idea. A good use case I imagine would be to have something
like asa data, tagged with some custom meta data (e.g. Tenant ID in a
multi-tenant install) but not have to mess with the actual parser. To that
extent it makes sense to expose said meta data via stellar so users can decide
how to incorporate it into a metron object.

That said, I think we should lay down some principles or conventions on the
expected form of meta data, as we do with the main data fields to ensure some
consistency across implementations, or at least get people started.

I also think we should add the functionality to our reference application docs
showing how to set meta data in keys in NiFi. This approach certainly
complements the way NiFi tags and thinks about meta data well, and that would
be worth highlighting in the example.

Simon