That all sounds pretty reasonable to me.  My biggest concern would be
attribution during step 5 - we would need to make sure it isn't squash
merged like we typically do (assuming we do properly squash merge into
the speculative
branch).  Not a big issue though, I guess, just need to make sure it isn't
overlooked.

Jon

Jon