https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/METRON-667

On August 6, 2017 at 08:54:50, zeo...@gmail.com (zeo...@gmail.com) wrote:

I'm working on a few updates/changes to the bro portions of Metron, in
preparation for BroCon <https://www.bro.org/community/brocon2017.html> in
September. I'm running into a couple of dependency issues which would be
most cleanly resolved by a move to a centos 7 base, so I was going to take
on METRON-559 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/METRON-559> first,
before moving on METRON-1088
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/METRON-1088> and METRON-813
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/METRON-813>.

It looks like as of 3/10
<
https://github.com/apache/metron/commit/68a334a8717d2a6b82f7f9651c57bc75e256ba97>

we cut over from using bento on full-dev to using our own base vagrant
box. Do we have any information regarding what was run on that image, so I
could attempt to migrate those changes to a new base image? I saw in the
commentary of the PR that maybe this is just a version pinned bento
centos6.7 box with some minor swap space changes?

Thanks,

Jon
--

Jon