Github user mmiklavc commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/metron/pull/685

    +1 per inspection, once merge conflicts are resolved. I didn't pour over
each file, but I did at least scan every single change and it looks good.
Clicking the "load diff" option repeatedly was very much like an episode of the
Twilight Zone. :)

    In the process of getting IntelliJ's code formatting to work properly, I
actually went through some of this already and am thankful for the effort here!
I had to disable Javadoc formatting because it was determined to format
everything, including the license headers. There simply is no way to keep
javadoc formatting without munging the license headers in IntelliJ AFAICT. I
had experimented with a similar change and found this change from javadoc to
code comment format to work well. First concern I had was whether there was any
requirement around the header being a javadoc vs non-javadoc style comment. I
wasn't able to find any such requirement per
http://www.apache.org/legal/src-headers.html. I believe the text lines and
spacing are the only things that will trip up the Rat plugin.

    Another nice side effect of this work is that I think I can setup a proper
license header template in IntelliJ again without worrying about the unwanted
javadoc formatting. Cheers.

---
with INFRA.
---