Ok, so it sounds like you are envisioning a "big bang" merge between the
feature branch and master at some point.  Not ideal in my mind, but maybe
we need to be more pragmatic with this one.

Do we have other tasks (like these PRs) to complete before we are ready to
consider the merge?

I am just looking to help however I can in killing this feature branch;
meaning I want your code in master, as soon as possible. :)