> I would suggest that we institute a release procedure for the package
> itself, but I don't think it necessarily has to line up with metron
> releases (happy to be persuaded otherwise).  Then we can just link metron
> to metron-bro-plugin-kafka by pointing to specific
> metron-bro-plugin-kafka releases (git tags
> <http://bro-package-manager.readthedocs.io/en/stable/package.html#package-
> versioning>
> ).
> Right now, full-dev spins up against the
> apache/metron-bro-plugin-kafka master branch, which is not a good idea to
> have in place for an upcoming release.  That is the crux of why I think we
> need to finalize the move to bro 2.5.2 and the plugin packaging before our
> next release (working on it as we speak).
> Jon

​I replayed Jon's comments from the other thread above.​

My initial thought, is that I would not want to manage two separate release
processes.  I don't want to have a roll call, cut release candidates and
test both.

I was thinking we would just need to change some of the behind-the-scenes
processes handled by the release manager.  This is one area where I had
thought using a submodule in Git would help.