That means we can’t wait and release-vote the plugin before pushing its tag.
I recommend that you go ahead and push the 0.1 tag as soon as you push the
commit.
This does not imply approval by the committee, nor does it constitute a
release.
It’s just a tag.  If that tag turns out not to coincide with an approved
release, that’s okay.
(But it probably will.)

Thanks,
--Matt